Friday, July 18, 2008

A more positive update!

OK I know I've been slack and not blogging as often as I used to. I thought everyone would be over it by now and be getting very bored with my ramblings! So - I will endeavour to keep it up to date for the time being anyway.

First - the Disney on Ice adventure. Jessica was just beside herself with excitement. She kept trying to take the brakes off her wheelchair to get to the ice to get closer to them as she feels she knows them personally!!! It was the most rewarding experience for us just to see the joy on her face. She is still talking about it and carrying the program around with her showing anyone who is remotely interested. Sorry - no photos - it was far too dark!

The weight gain is nearly gone - I've lost about 700gms since Tuesday which is great. I'm still going for the fill on Monday though. I leave to go to Maitliand tomorrow morning and am going to watch my mum and Caitlin in a concert....which should be great! My mum is a very talented singer and Caitlin is hopefully following in her footsteps. It's great to see them doing something together that they both love.

Work has been very dull as the teaching staff are on leave so Karen (who's in Admin) and myself are left to party! yeah right. Back to "normal" next week.

3 comments:

Diz said...

Thanks for the update. I've been wanting to take my niece to Disney on Ice, and haven't done it. Now I will. I'm a singer also. I sing everywhere. How cool singing runs in your family!

Tina :o) said...

Over your blog and your ramblings no never:O) I love reading your blog and following your progress. I want to thankyou for sharing it with us all. I am pleased to hear you all had a great time at Disney on ice. I have heard it is great to see.
Have fun having a Party at work:O)
Work is allways so much better when you can enjoy yourself too.
Take care my friend.
Cheers Tina:O)

Unknown said...

Over your blogging - I don't think so! Over it would mean I didn't come by to read it - and I'm so here! I'm so glad you guys had a great time at Disney on Ice - sounds like Jess will treasure that for a very long time.

Congratulations on the loss too - great work!

Can't wait to hear how Caitlin and your mum went - it is great that they can share the joy of singing.