Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A little about fills.....since I know you are wondering!

I went to the Dr. he was disgusted with my weightloss and I was not surprised - he used the word "pathetic". And said it was his fault really as he has been too conservative with me and I don't have what I should have in my band. So he proceeded to put 1.5ml in my band - this he did by putting that great big needle in my stomach and waving it around in my stomach until he hit the port. Yes - it hurt a lot........a f**king real lot. He couldnt find the port at first so pulled it out and changed to a shorter needle....so I had to go through it again. He eventually found it after excrutiating pain (a pap smear is preferrable). Then I did the water test and failed. Couldn't get a half a glass of water down without feeling it sitting at the back of my throat....so then he decided to take half a ml out. So I had to go throught the needle bit again - same procedure only backwards.....yeah that was just as much fun.

I went home to my mum's (an hour away) and took 2 tablets as the wind had built up by then and went to bed for a couple of hours. I then got up and drove 4hrs home to Dubbo. Well by the time I got home I was in agony from wind pain (just like after the op). So took more tabs and went to bed. Laying down I'm fine.....anything upright is gurgling pain. I rang the doc this afternoon and told the nurse what was going on. She talked to the doc and he suggested I get half a ml taken out. Well - the only person in Dubbo who can do it has gone on leave until the 12th Nov!!! ##**!@% Anyway - I rang back and he suggested I take wind tabs and panadol and see how I go.....If it's no better tomorrow I'm back in the car and off to N'Castle. I don't love my band at the moment. I went on to mushies tonight (executive decision by me) as I think half the problem was that my stomach was plain empty. Had runny salmon and cheese sauce about half a cup - it was the most glorious food I have ever eaten and I feel a little better. We'll see how I go overnight.....watch this space!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

You poor thing. It might have settled a bit by tomorrow. I hope you don't have to trek back to Newcastle. Mel

Unknown said...

I had a feeling you'd had a bad fill day when I saw your FB status - blech!. I really hope that it has settled down today and you don't need to do the trek.

Unknown said...

I had a feeling you'd had a bad fill day when I saw your FB status - blech!. I really hope that it has settled down today and you don't need to do the trek.

Tina :o) said...

I am so sorry you had a crappy fill but i just have to say that your Dr should NOT have called you pathetic! That is very pathetic of him to say that to you!!! Being banded is bloody hard work and you do not need your dr saying such things. He should have talked to you about what your routine is and given you stratagies to help you. We all need support not to be told we are pathetic.
You can and will do this everyone is different and go at there own pace. I too hope you do not need to take the drive back for an unfill. What a pain that would be.

Anyway i will get off my soap box now sorry.
Take care dear Kath.
Cheers Tina:O)