Monday, March 30, 2009

Some good, some not so good....

Well - the job fell through.....I'm glad I didn't lose any sleep over it! I was "asked" to apply but was still overlooked - go figure! Anyhow - as they say - their loss. At least I still have a job to go to each day.

On the weightloss front. When I had the bit of fill taken out it took me a few weeks to adjust to it and I put on a bit but now I"m on the straight and narrow again. I've been going to aqua 2 times a week and playing tennis in the comp. Which is more exercise than I've done in quite a few years! I feel great and I can feel my clothes getting looser again. I've lost 1.2kg this week which takes me back to a loss of 23kg. Yes - I've put on about 2.5kg but we'll just forget about that as it's nearly gone now.....I'm aiming for the 25kg again now!!!

At work - things are fragile and shaky. The staff involved are having flashbacks, sleeplessness etc. - the counsellor is here a lot. The funeral is tomorrow in N'Castle and we have a bus going over with the remaining students attending.

Jess is fitting again. She goes through stages of being so well and then she gets like this - which brings you back to reality. After a fit last night Caitlin said last night "if Starlight had have given us her wish - Jess wouldn't be disabled anymore" - through the eyes of a 9yr old......

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Hope all goes okay. Good luck with the goal, don't be hard on yourself. Mel

Diz said...

We all go back and forth on the weight. Don't let it get to you. Children have a way of seeing things...don't they?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're back on track - great work. Bummer about the job.

em