Sunday, January 20, 2008

A LITTLE ABOUT ME & MY FAMILY

I found out when I was in my early 20's that I have an under active thyroid (it is in the family). Then in my late 20's I found out I also have PCOS which explains a lot and is probably the main reason I have weight issues. I am now pre-diabetic and have started having joint problems.

I had a baby in 1989 (Jess) who has multiple disabilities and is now 18. I now believe I did what any mother would do and put her first and forgot about me. I gave up all forms of sport and exercise and still ate! But I would do it again as she is worth it. Jess uses a wheelchair for mobility, is intellectually disabled and has Epilepsy.

I then went on to have another baby in 2000 (see how infertile I am!) who is turning 8yrs old (Caitlin) - she is normal whatever that is!

Amongst all that I do have a very supportive husband who is behind me all the way.

I also work full time for TAFE and love it. But as you may imagine I do have a very busy life so I need to lose this weight to keep up with myself!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kathy, you've taken such a big step for yourself and I hope you are very proud of yourself. I'll watch your journey with interest.

Karen Sloane said...

Very succinct.
Now you need to update the posting with stories about your wonderful husband and your supportive but outrageous friends.

I can add the stories about you!!!