Thursday, January 17, 2008

Looking Forward...........

The aim of this blog is to keep a personal log of my journey from here on. I am having Gastric Banding on Feb 12 08 and am excited at the thought of no longer being the "fat chick" in the room. I hope this blog is an inspiration to others as well as a kick in the bum to myself every now and again!

I have a story I've heard a million times - I've been fat for most of my life. I was a very active child and teenager. As I got older I became less active and ate more. Hence I am "Morbidly Obese". I have about 60kg to lose and am not up to sharing what I weigh with anyone yet.

This will be a very emotional journey I'm sure but I'm lucky to have a great husband, parents and friends - all of whom I will be depending on for moral support.

Anyway - here goes...

5 comments:

Karen Sloane said...

Woo hoo!!!
Firstly, let me say I'm so proud of you. This is a big step and I'm right behind you all the way!!!

And remember, it doesn't matter to us what shape you are. You are much loved and respected and will continue to be, regardless of what you look like.

This is another exciting adventure that you are leading us on. Let's hope the journey makes us stronger.
xxxx

Diana Stephens said...

Good on ya Kath!! If anyone can do it, it's you. You are one in a million and can achieve anything you desire - and for the times when you need a pick me up, we'll be there :)

Best of luck for the journey ahead and the best to come.

Ruth Draper said...

Hey Kath you are truly amazing.I admired your courage so much and you are an inspiration to all that know and love you. I will follow you amazing journey all the way.

Just remember my dearest friend it is not what is on the outside but what is on the inside that counts.

Good luck, you are a very special person. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Ruth Draper said...

Hey Kath,

Well the time has finally come for you, only a couple of days to wait now. I will be thinking of you knowing that it is going to be successful for you. I wish you all the best for Tuesday. We are all behind you 100%. Good luck xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

WOW Kath, that's amazing. I'm so proud of you!! I do have to say you look fabulous but I know you won't hold that against me.

I promise this time when we go to lunch we will stay away from the steak - I don't think either of us need to feel that pain again!!!