Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Optifast Experience so far....

It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Now I've got some input from the dietician and she's given me the do's and dont's I feel more able. As I've mentioned, John (husband of mine) decided he was going to join me on the Optifast. He has been doing pretty well but I was cooking sausages for the kids tonight and he caved!! I don't really like sausages so I didn't begrudge him for it. I felt very self righteous though!

We did have a slight hiccup last night - we went to a friends house for what they called "my last hoorah" - it was arranged in good faith with them not knowing I would already be on the Optifast. I had a couple of drinks and more food than I should have but all in all in the scope of things I haven't faltered since starting last Tuesday. Back to the 3 shakes a day today and had Salad for dinner tonight as well.

Jess hasn't had a great day today. She's epileptic and has had 3 seizures today. We are in the process of filming her and sending this to the Doc in Sydney. On a more positive note we are off to Sydney next weekend to pick up her new wheelchair which will make life easier. Then she goes into respite on the Monday and we are off to Newcastle for my banding op. Wow - it's getting close now. 5 more working days......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you feel more able after speaking to the dietician - that always helps. You've done really well so far - one slight hiccup won't stop the surgery.

That must be challenging with Jess - three seizures in a day must be so draining for her and you. Glad to hear she is getting a new chair though - anything to make your lives easier.

Nearly there now ...