Thursday, February 28, 2008

Impatience

I've got to get over the wanting to lose the weight overnight. I know it's taken all these years to gain the weight so it won't happen overnight but I think it's because it's been such a long wait for the op and now it's over I expect things to move a lot quicker.

People are really surprised when they see me (which is a worry - I must have looked bloody awful before!) - they are just saying how good I look but I think that has a lot to do with attitude cos I feel pretty good too.

My dietician rang me today for my first "virtual' appointment. She was really happy with where I'm up to and I seem to be doing all the right things. I do miss Diet Coke a lot though. She suggested if I really wanted it to let it go flat........hmmm.....don't know if I want it that bad.

I got on the cross trainer today for about a kilometre - bloody hell........it got the heart rate going! I'm going to just increase the time and the distance each day for now. Anything is better than nothing! See Karen I did get off my ar*e eventually............seem to remember you think exercise is a dirty word!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So frustrating - I keep waking up in the morning wondering why I still look the same as the night before! So I hear you on the impatience thing.

Well done on the cross trainer - such a good start. It will be easier next time :)