Friday, May 9, 2008

It got stuck!!

I had my first experience with something getting stuck! Bloody hell - I didn't know which way to turn. I was out for lunch with a friend and STUPID me ordered steak & prawns. Well I haven't had steak since the banding and I had "hormonal" restriction going on! OMG - I am now officially a bandit. That won't happen again I can tell you.

On the upside I've lost more weight and have run into a few people this week who haven't seen me since the op - so they were more than surprised.

Things I am looking forward to in the next 5 months (apart from losing more weight):
1. Next weekend I'm going on a Mother's Weekend where they take mum's of kids with disabilities away for the weekend and pamper us. Really looking forward to that.
2. We have bought tickets to Disney on Ice for us and the kids in Newcastle in July. I know the kids will love that.
3. September - Bring on the Cook Islands!
4. October - our friends daughter is getting married
5. October - we are going on a Warehouse tour bus trip with our friends to Sydney.

Hmm...nothing in June yet - better fix that!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yowch - getting stuck in public - ow, ow, ow! And isn't that "hormonal" restriction fun :(

So much good stuff to look forward to - you definitely need to lock something in for June. Next weekend sounds fantastic though.

Karen Sloane said...

Well well well. Who sounds like a happy little vegemite? Much cheerier than your last posting.

Hormones suck. At least that's what I was telling myself @ 3am this morning when I was having a "power surge". And I might add, sitting on the lounge @ 3am with a wet washer on your head, watching some crappy infomercial is very sad indeed. I went back to bed and slapped The Minister For International Golf Games because he was sleeping and I wasn't.

I'm so glad you have happy things to look forward to. And Happy Mothers Day for Sunday.
xxx K.

LapBandGirl said...

I had to laugh when you said "it won't happen again".... Sorry luv, it's going to happen again and again and again!!

Welcome to the wonderful world of restriction!