Thursday, March 6, 2008

Back to normality....

Funny how this process dominates your life for a while. I'm coming back down to earth now and back to worrying about my friends and their problems rather than myself which is what I do best. That's just how I am - it's not a bad thing and I've got broad shoulders. My shoulders are just going to have to be strong rather than fat from now on. I love my friends and I'd rather they unloaded on me than someone who doesn't give a continental.

I went out for lunch today with one of my best friends and was absolutely starving when I got there. She was a little late so I ordered a coffee, drank that.....still hungry...she turned up and we ordered. I ordered a chicken and mushroom crepe without the salad as I'm still on mashies.....it arrived and I looked at it and thought is that all! Well I got through half of it and I was full - wow - how's that for change! Before I would've eaten that and the salad and wanted dessert!

Went shopping this afternoon and bought lots of stuff for cardmaking which is my new project. I also went grocery shopping which is now a necessity and not something I do for fun - I used to love grocery shoppping and now I only go when I have to. Then I went and had the hair coloured, foiled and cut with my lovely hairdresser. Didnt get home from work until 7.30pm but hey I havent had that much time to myself in ages which is something I must do more often.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny how doing the shopping isn't as much fun as it used to be - I'm spending ages there and it is mostly reading labels. I love my hairdresser too - can't wait to see her next week.

Time for yourself is wonderful - time spent with your friends is even better. It is nice to feel more normal again and less focused on yourself.

You are doing so well - congratulations!

Karen Sloane said...

And speaking of friends, put the kettle on cause I'm coming to town!!! Just like Santa but I'm not bringing gifts - just love!